Sunday, March 9, 2008

The late late show with Gracie Lu - Episode 2

We all tried to get to bed early last night as we were flying out to Wuhan in the morning. Evan slept in Grampa Glenn's room so that I would have a better chance to "get some sleep" (the best laid plans ....) Gracie had had a busy day and dropped off to sleep at about 9:00 pm. I updated the blog and got to bed just before 10:00, falling to sleep right away. So far things are going right to plan. I was then woken up by a strange, irregular thumping sound. I rolled over, put on my glasses and treated to another version of Gracie's late night show. Our hotel room is on the 12th floor of a building right in downtown Beijing. The wall opposite the bed has a large picture window with a wide (almost 2 foot) ledge on the inside (like all the windows in Beijing hotels, this one was sealed and doesn't open). Gracie had woken up, changed out of her pajamas into her dance outfit, put her hair into 3 pig tails (two on each side and one pointing straight back), pulled back the curtains and climbed onto the inside window ledge - and there she was in front of the window, dancing to the music of the lights of downtown Beijing! I have no idea how long she had been there, but anyone a ground level would have been treated to quite a show. It almost seemed a shame to stop her, but we both needed our sleep. I settled her down in front of a Dora Explorer video in the hopes of getting her to drop off, but she stayed awake for the rest of the night and made sure that I did too. Oh well, I guess this is father and daughter time, and now I can always reminder her of how she once performed before the entire capital city of China!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Looks like all is going well with you guys. Best wishes from our family in record snowfall setting Ottawa!! Almost 60 cm over the weekend.

Talk to you soon,
Chris, Kara, Willow, Cooper