Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First leg of the journey



I'm writing this post from the Day's Inn in Toronto right next to the airport. The last few days have been just a whirl as I've had to finish my off farm work, Sarah had to vaccinate 500 sheep - all while packing a preparing for the trip. I had a minor panic this morning as I couldn't find one of the many documents needed for China. I called Children's Bridge and a very patient Cathy Murphy walked me though the various forms and it turn out that we had everything. I was just relaxing when Glenn arrived and pointed out that we didn't have a visa to visit China. So another call to Cathy (who was really starting to worry about us), who pointed out that the visas had already been pasted into our passports. With all this settled, we drove to the airport, said our goodbyes to Sarah and finally boarded to plane for the first stage of our trip.
Gracie was extremely excited - how excited? When we finally left the plan one of the flight attendants pulled me aside and said "your daughter certainly has a lot to say. I don't think she stopped talked once during the flight". Yup, she was right, Grace spent the whole flight telling everyone around us how she was going to China to get her sister, how the plane was flying through the clouds, how the orange juice wasn't really orange juice etc etc etc etc. When we landed in Toronto we took a cab to the hotel and the driver, on learning that we were on route to China to adopt a little girl, told us how we were doing God's work on earth, and then drove in such a manner to almost ensure that we were about to meet God personally at any moment. We're just going to bed now and it's off to China tomorrow!

No comments: